Arquivo

Tags

Popular Posts

Parcerias

Blogroll

Avançar para o conteúdo principal

This book is not your type

I spend a lot of time in the library. I am really lucky that I pass by it on the way to and from work so I get to go around and grab myself some books on the way home and drop them off before going to work. 
Because libraries in my area share catalogues I now can order and collect books from different libraries. So most of the times I end up just going to a librarian and ask to collect the books I have reserved. I have to admit that I didn't think much of it at the time but one day when I went to collect a book I had reserved the librarian came back after a bit and the following conversation issued:

Librarian: I am sorry, there seems to have been a mistake with the book you reserved.
Me: It's ok. When will it arrive then?
Librarian: Well, a book has arrived but I believe it was sent by mistake.
Me: Oh. Which one did they send? I might want to read it as well.
Librarian: They sent an old children's classic called Milly-Molly-Mandy. God, I had completely forgot that book even existed!
Me: *blinks* That's the book I reserved.
Librarian: Excuse me?
Me: There was no mistake. That's the book I reserved.
Librarian: Oh! It's so different from what you usually get! I mean you usually order young adult I would not had said this was your type of book!

So now I am slightly terrified of my local librarians and the fact that they now what I usually read. 

Comentários